Secrets of Better Photography will teach you how to take outstanding photos. Whether you use a DSLR, a point-and-shoot camera, or your phone for your photography, you will learn how to get the best results from your camera.
Secrets of Better Photography
- Learn the fundamentals of photography and improve your skills
- Gain an understanding of how equipment affects results by considering aspects such as shutter speed, aperture, depth of field, and resolution
- Acquire the knowledge necessary to improve the composition, light, and shadow of your photos
- Explore photography techniques associated with moving subjects and photojournalism
- Learn digital editing techniques that can enhance your photography and expand its application
- Instructor led or self paced online course
- 6-12 weeks to complete
- 24 course hours
- Become a better photographer of the people, places, and things that are most important to you
- Gain an “artist’s eye” and begin to look at the world in a whole new way
- Explore technology that can change the way you memorialize the events of your life
In this first lesson, you will learn how to see the subject of each photograph—before you press the shutter button. This information will provide a solid foundation for the rest of the class.
As you learn more about the technical side of photography, take a look at the options available in camera equipment. Whether you have a point-and-shoot camera or the latest digital SLR, you will gain a better understanding of the equipment and tools photographers use.
Returning to artistic elements in this lesson, you will learn how to develop your photographer’s eye and incorporate compositional guidelines as you take better pictures. This information will provide a solid foundation for the rest of the class.
Light is the essence of photography. This lesson explores how to control and use light to your advantage. You will compare the advantages of natural light, available light, and artificial light and see when you will want to use each to capture the special effects you’re after. You will also learn how to use the ISO and white balance settings on your camera to make the most of the light you have.
This lesson delves into the options for using your camera and other tools to get sharp, crisp images. Photography often requires compromise to accommodate conflicting priorities, and after this lesson, you will be able to decide what’s most important to you. You will also see how to test your lenses and cameras and evaluate your equipment.